I’m avoiding the news right now.
I think most of us are feeling the same way about how the next 4 years might look like right now; scary, uncertain, and rocky. But I am taking comfort in knowing I don’t stand alone and the rest of us won’t be giving up without a long fight.
If you’re in the SoCal area there’s a few big marches happening tomorrow:
if these are too far, see if there’s a local one happening here.
I think now more than ever, it is crucial to have your voice heard. Use your platform(s) to raise awareness, and speak out on injustices happening around you, and hold those in high offices accountable!
Deja me bajo de mi soapbox.
We’re all here for this sexy thing I’m calling El Vampiro. And no, we’re not talking about Edward Cullen today. Nice try.
I’ve never been able to find blood oranges anywhere before, but this year they seem to be everywhere! Since most of us seem to getting off colds right now, this seems like the perfect way to get your Vitamin C in. ¿Verdad?
If you’re marching this weekend, stay safe, have fun, and let your voice be heard!
Cheers to all you chingonxs out there, I love you!
- For the drink:
- 2 strawberries
- 5 oz blood orange juice, strained
- 1 oz mezcal
- ½ oz tequila
- ½ oz lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- lime wedges or blood orange slices
- Start by muddling the strawberries in a tall glass.
- In a mixer, mix the blood orange juice, mezcal, tequila, lime juice and agave nectar. Shake vigorously. (if you want a little more alcohol, feel free to add an extra ½ oz of tequila)
- Fill your tall glass with a handful of ice, and pour in the contents from your mixer. Give it a slight stir and garnish with a lime wedge or a slice of blood orange.